Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Updates

It's been awhile since I last posted any real updates about the kiddos. So here goes. Anna is right at 30 lbs now. She goes for her 2 year check up later this month, so we'll have an accurate height and weight then. Obviously if she's going for her 2 year check up, then she's about to turn two. I can hardly believe how the time has flown by. It's crazy! Her new nickname is "little mess" - as I'm always saying "She's a mess." And it's well earned. Here are some of the latest things she's done.

A few days ago I was up at the church working, so Mark had the kiddos. Anna kept coming into the office saying "Daddy, see!" "Daddy, daddy, SEE!". Mark didn't pay much attention to it until she came back in there with makeup all over her face to the extent that 'daddy really could see'.

Yesterday, she colored on the kitchen floor with crayons, afterwards of which I instructed her to only color on her paper. So then every time she colored off the paper, she said "Mommy. Oops!!" Luckily it comes off the floor pretty easily.

Monday night I had a meeting at the church and on the way out the door Anna said "Mommy, see!" Which is pretty much a guarantee that she's done something she's not supposed to of done, as previously noted. Well, I had just given her and Eli a bath, gotten them dressed and ready, and went to get my shoes on. I came out of my room and went to load them up into the van when I noticed why she was saying "Mommy, see!" She had put a whole handful of baby lotion in her hair and spiked it. It was sticking up everywhere. In my rush to be on time, I merely brushed it down, stuck a bow in it, and took her looking like she hadn't had a bath in weeks. Needless to say, it was embarrassing.

Then when we got home, she had taken her shoes and socks off in the van. So, I unlatched her from her car seat and started looking for them. She got down and got in the front passenger seat. After locating them in various places throughout the back of the van, I shut the back door and went around to the other side to get her out. She had locked the doors and locked her and Eli in the van. Luckily Mark had beat me home and was able to unlock the van. Meanwhile, she was thoroughly impressed with herself and was laughing away and waving at me.


Need I say more? This is why I say her new nickname is well suited.

Eli is doing good. He's growing like crazy. Over the past few weeks, he's taken on to crying for lengthy periods of time. I thought something might be wrong - like an ear infection. So, I took him to the doctor and after two of them examined him, they determined that he's spoiled. My instructions are to give him "Mommy time" then give him toys to play with and let him cry for hours on end. Needless to say, this is quite hard to do - not to mention nerve-wracking. He's been a lot better about it the past few days, but we still have a lot of work to do.

At his doctor's appointment, he weighed in at 24 lbs. 4 oz. I'm not sure how long he is, but he's almost caught up to Anna. I laid them side-by-side last night and there's not much difference in length at all. It's nuts! He goes next month for his 9 month check up, so we'll have an accurate height and weight for him then.

He's now sitting up unassisted(if we put him in the sitting position) as well as trying to pick his rear end up to be on all fours. He's still got some work to do on that, after all, he's quite a big boy. He's still not talking yet, but they say that's normal with boys. He's happy and healthy - that's all I care about.

So, I guess this is it for all the updates. I'll post more later - like pictures from Anna's 2nd birthday party that's coming up next weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments: