Thursday, December 01, 2005

Anna's Room Debut

The moment you all have been waiting for (next to her baby pictures, of course). You can stop the phone calls, the emails, and the questions. The room pictures are below.

This room has really become our favorite room in the house. It has the brightest colors. It has had more time put into it than any other room. We have surprised ourselves on how well it turned out. Phoebe and I are no painters or decorators, that's for sure.

Phoebe picked out the colors. We both picked out the wall trim. I was honored to paint the whole thing since Phoebe wasn't allowed to breathe the paint fumes. The colors go together well. I had never painted two colors in one room before. I haven't ever painted clouds on walls before either.

The clouds were fun since they were new to us. The pressure was on me. I had glaze & paint in one hand, a rag on my shoulder, and a dampened sea sponge in my other hand. I was ready to go. Phoebe stood in the doorway and directed me with encouraging comments such as: "clouds don't look like that . . . no that's a blob, not a cloud . . . put another poof on top . . .that one's okay, I think."

The first picture is Anna's giraffe. I mentioned him in an earlier post. I wanted you all to see him, since I picked him out. You can make the pictures larger by just clicking on them.

I hope you like the pictures below. Let us know. We'd love to read your comments.

No comments: