Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

A few weeks ago I was talking to Anna about the true meaning of Christmas. That it's really about celebrating Jesus being born. She was so excited and asked "Can we make Him a birthday cake?" From this statement, we decided to start an annual tradition of a Happy Birthday Jesus party. Here are pictures from our 1st party.

Getting ready to make the birthday cake.



After making the cake, we took time to read an age appropriate account of the birth of Jesus since the Biblical account is always read at my family's house on Christmas Eve before we open presents.

Here's what we chose.


What do each of you do to celebrate the birth of Jesus?

4 comments:

Kathleen Velek-Lawson said...

I am totally stealing your tradition when we have kids. Also, I love Anna's hair! So cute!

Phoebe said...

Steal away! I thought it was a cute idea and absolutely love the sentiment and meaning behind it!

Skinny R said...

Christmas today is all about parties, parties and more parties. Many people have forgotten it's Jesus' birthday..

F Zackary Williams said...

I love the cake...give it all to the lord are god.