Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Month Two and Growing

Well, Anna Grace has reached the two month mark, which included a trip to the doctor and two shots. I don' think she minded the doctor so much as the shots! I really think it was worse on me than her. Two nurses came in. One trained, one not. I seem to have a knack for getting trainees (I had 2 residents in the hospital). They laid her on the table and she started smiling, kicking, being all happy. Then, the untrained nurse was who was giving the shots kept asking "Right here??" "Ok, 1, 2, oh, look, she's smiling." I was like, just get it over with! The look on her face was the worst part - from smiling to screaming. I don't think it would have been as bad had she not been smiling. That just made it worse - like she had no clue what was coming. And I know she wouldn't have known any of that or even been prepared if she hadn't been smiling, but something about the smile made it ten times worse. She stopped crying, amazingly after the first. Then came the second. She cried a lot longer! I of course got teary eyed. It's just the worst thing to watch her hurt.
Anna weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs. 13 oz.
and was 23 3/4" long. Needless to say, she's quite healthy.

No comments: